Time: 15 minutes in the Thermomix
Yield: 4–6 as a side dish
Eggs, asparagus and tarragon—what a brilliant spring dish for a special lunch or even a fancy breakfast. The eggs and asparagus are steamed together and the simple vinaigrette takes only seconds to prepare.
Starters, Suppers, Soups & Sides
2 shallots, peeled
40 grams olive oil
20 grams lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper
3 sprigs fresh tarragon, chopped finely
ASPARAGUS & EGGS
500 grams water, plus running water to cool the eggs
2 bunches of asparagus, trimmed
- Place shallots in mixing bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 5. Add olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper and most of the tarragon (reserve some for garnishing) then combine 10 seconds/speed 4.
- Pour vinaigrette onto serving plate. No need to rinse mixing bowl.
- Weigh water into mixing bowl. Insert steaming basket and place eggs inside. Cook 11 minutes/Varoma/speed 2.
- Set Varoma dish into position and add asparagus spears. Cook 3 minutes/Varoma/speed 2.
- Remove Varoma dish. Place asparagus on top of vinaigrette on serving dish and cover with foil to keep warm. Remove steaming basket and run eggs under cold water to cool. Peel eggs.
- Empty the mixing bowl and place the peeled eggs in it. Season eggs with salt and pepper and chop 4 seconds/speed 4. Place chopped egg on top of the asparagus and garnish with reserved tarragon.