Time: 22 minutes in the Thermomix
Yield: 1 jar
125 grams maple syrup
125 grams coconut oil
3 large eggs or 4 small (180 grams total)
75 grams freshly squeezed lemon juice
75 grams freshly squeezed orange juice
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the zest off the orange and lemon.
- Place zest in mixing bowl and chop 1 minute/speed 10.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, add remaining ingredients then cook without the measuring cup 20 minutes/90 degrees/speed 2.
- Insert measuring cup and blend 1 minute/speed 5–9, gradually increasing speed.
- Pour into a sterilised jar and close immediately. Cool completely before storing in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
AND… It’s much easier to zest the citrus while they are still whole, before you squeeze them for juice. Serve the finished curd with fresh fruit or granola for a delicious and zesty breakfast.