Time: 35 minutes in the Thermomix; 2 hours refrigerating
200 grams brown rice
900 grams water
300 grams sashimi-grade salmon
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 2.5-centimetre piece of ginger, peeled
80 grams soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
½ tablespoon honey
vegetables of your choice, to serve
- Fill mixing bowl with water and insert the simmering basket. Fill with rice and cook 35 minutes/Varoma/speed 4.
- Meanwhile, cut the salmon into 1-centimetre cubes and place in a bowl.
- When rice is cooked, remove simmering basket and set aside to cool. Empty water from mixing bowl. Place garlic and ginger in mixing bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 7.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl and add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and honey to mixing bowl and mix 10 seconds/speed 4.
- Pour over the salmon and let it marinate for 2 hours or until needed.
- Once the rice has cooled, set it aside in the fridge until needed.
- To assemble the poke bowl, divide the rice among 4 bowls, top with the salmon and vegetables of your choice.
AND… Our favourite toppings are spiralised carrot and cucumber, avocado, edamame beans and sliced radishes.