One of the ultimate south-east Asian street foods, this combination of deliciously marinated meat skewers served with fragrant peanut sauce is surprisingly simple to make in the Thermomix. Freshly ground peanuts and roasted spices add an authentic taste to the dish.
- Place garlic and ginger in mixing bowl and chop 5 seconds/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients then combine 10 seconds/Reverse/speed 2. Set aside to marinate in refrigerator 1 hour or overnight, then thread onto soaked skewers before grilling on the barbecue.
- Place cumin and coriander seeds in mixing bowl. Toast 5 minutes/Varoma/speed 2. Allow to cool slightly and grind 30 seconds/speed 9.
- Add shallots, garlic and chilli to the bowl then chop 5 seconds/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add oil and saute 5 minutes/Varoma/speed 2 without the measuring cup.
- Add peanuts to the bowl and pulverise 40 seconds/speed 7, stopping and scraping the bowl if necessary.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook 5 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2.
- If you would like your sauce a little smoother, puree an extra 20 seconds/speed 8.
- Serve with cucumber wedges and grilled chicken or beef skewers.
- The peanut sauce is delicious served with Gado Gado, an Indonesion vegetable dish