The perfect quick meal for two; boil the pasta while you make the sauce in the Thermomix and you’ll have dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes. Our star ingredient, broccoli, forms the bulk of the sauce, enhanced with chilli, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and cheese—it’s a winning combination. Finished with toasted pine nuts for creaminess and crunch, there’s nothing unsophisticated about this simple dish.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, place onion, garlic and chilli in mixing bowl, chop 5 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add olive oil then sauté 5 minutes/120 degrees/speed 1.
- Add broccoli then chop 5 seconds/speed 4, or until finely chopped, assisting with spatula if necessary.
- Add lemon juice and salt then heat 3 minutes/80 degrees/Reverse/speed soft.
- Toss broccoli mixture with pasta and pine nuts. Top with cheese and chilli flakes (if using) to serve.
AND ... Note that if you're working with a TM31 you'll need to sauté at Varoma temperature instead of the TM5 setting of 120 degrees.