The smell of roasting nuts always brings back the memory of walking around the Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne, where there are little carts dotted around that sell delicious freshly roasted praline nuts.
Roasting nuts at home is quick and you can play around with adding different flavours to create healthy snacks.
These turmeric and honey roasted nuts have the perfect combination of sweetness with a slight hit of turmeric and black pepper to give them a nice kick.
You can use any combination of raw nuts, such as cashews, almonds, macadamias, walnuts or peanuts. Make a big batch to have as high-protein snacks throughout the week or package some into little bags as gifts for friends and family.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a large tray with baking paper.
- Place the coconut oil, honey, turmeric, salt and black pepper into the TM bowl and cook for 1 minute/80 degrees/speed 1.
- Add the nuts and mix for 20 seconds/Reverse/speed 1.5.
- Pour out onto the baking tray in a single layer.
- Roast for 12–14 minutes or until the nuts are golden. Turn halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before transferring to a sealed container.
AND … The nuts will turn from not quite roasted to burnt in a matter of a few minutes, so be sure to watch them closely.