- Cook the onion in the olive oil 8 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2, MC off. Set aside. (Or sweat in a pan, until the onion is tender).
- Place the chicken stock in the bowl, and place the chopped celeriac in the basket, and cook 20 minutes/Varoma/speed 3 or until the celeriac is soft to the knife. (Or cook gently in the chicken stock until done, about 10 minutes in a pan, or 8 minutes in the microwave.)
- Remove cooked celeriac from the basket and add to the remaining chicken stock, with the cream, and blend 10 seconds/speed 5.
- Cook 2 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2 to allow the cream to be absorbed. Taste and season. Sprinkle with seasonal herbs unless you prefer the whiteness of the puree.
- An excellent side dish for pepper steak
AND ... If you have leftovers, it’s simple to bulk up the remains with a good pour of chicken stock to make a hearty soup. To give it more life, sprinkle with chopped spring onions, and finely chopped crisp bacon, with a swirl of virgin olive oil and herbs for edible decorations