Ditch the carbs and the Friday night takeaway, this meal will be on the table in (almost) less time than it takes to check out of Menulog. One of the things that has changed in our lives since the Thermomix joined our household is the absence of our weekly takeout meal. Why would you, when you can create dishes that are healthier and more often than not, more flavoursome? Zoodles, aka zucchini noodles, are a healthy alternative to pasta and a fun way to increase vegetable intake All you need for this one is a spiralizer, a Thermomix, a Varoma and not much more than half an hour. Ready-set-cook!
- Using a spiralizer, make the zucchini noodles (zoodles). If you don’t have a spiralizser, just cut the zucchinis into noodle-like julienne. Set aside.
- Place 1000 grams water in mixing bowl and heat until the temperature reaches 100 degrees—10 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2.
- Season the chicken by placing it in a bowl and coating it with the sesame oil, sea salt ground pepper and chili flakes.
- Place the marinated chicken on the Varoma tray, place into position over the Varoma dish with the lid on and set into position over the mixing bowl lid. Steam 10 minutes/Varoma/speed 3.
- Place the zoodles in the Varoma dish underneath the chicken and steam 3 minutes/Varoma/speed 3. Ensure the chicken is cooked through, transfer to a dish to keep warm and set aside. Place the Varoma lid underneath the Varoma dish and allow the zoodles to drain of their juice/water while you make the stir-fry and sauce. Empty mixing bowl.
- To make the sauce, place ginger and garlic in mixing bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, add spring onions and chop 3 seconds/speed 5.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients then mix 30 seconds/speed 5. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place grapeseed oil and shredded cabbage in mixing bowl and stir fry 3 minutes/120 degrees/Reverse/speed 1 without measuring cup.
- Add sesame seeds and toasted cashews, then return the reserved cooked chicken to mixing bowl with half the sauce. Stir to loosen with aid of spatula and cook a further 2 minutes/120 degrees/Reverse/speed soft without measuring cup.
- To serve, toss the chicken mix with the zoodles and remaining sauce. Garnish with sliced spring onions, green chillies if using, and coriander.
AND… To save time, start with boiling water from the kettle in step 2 and go straight to step 3.