Frittatas are a great addition to your weekly meal plan for so many reasons. First, you can fill them with lots of nutritious vegetables, seeds and herbs, which make them taste delicious while being incredibly healthy. Second, they are full of protein to keep you feeling full for hours after eating. Third, you can use up any sad-looking vegetables and herbs that have been forgotten in the bottom of your fridge. Fourth, you can serve them hot or cold and they are easy to transport. This frittata recipe is quick and easy to make thanks to the Thermomix and its ability to finely cut all the vegetables in a flash. Gone are the days of having to spend precious time grating endless amounts of vegetables. These freeze really well and I have found them to be perfect for the whole family. They are a regular part of my 18-month-old son’s diet and he loves them. Serve them on their own as a quick snack or with a side salad as a meal.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a muffin tin with squares of baking paper.
- Add the basil leaves, spring onion, chia seeds and pepitas into the TM bowl and mix for 3 seconds/speed 8.
- Scrape down bowl and add the spinach leaves and pumpkin. With the assistance of the TM spatula mix for 7 seconds/speed 5.
- Scrape down bowl and add the eggs along with the salt and pepper if you choose to include it.
- Mix for 12 seconds/Reverse/speed 4.
- Spoon into the lined muffin tins and bake for 35 minutes or until the frittatas are golden and have set in the middle.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
AND ... Try replacing the pumpkin with sweet potato and add any of your favourite herbs to change up the flavour.