This salad is jam-packed with nutritious ingredients that will keep you feeling full for hours. With the addition of a turmeric vinaigrette dressing, it is a perfect salad to serve as a main course on its own or as a side to grilled meat or seafood.
Beans are a great way to bulk out meals, add protein to fill you up and they are budget friendly too, which makes them a staple you should always keep on hand in your pantry. I find, though, that some recipes using legumes can be a bit bland and boring, which is definitely not the case with this salad. The dressing has quite a kick to it with the addition of black pepper, apple cider vinegar and chilli flakes. If you are not a fan of chilli you can omit this from the recipe.
1. Fill the TM bowl with vegetable stock or stock paste and water.
2. Place the quinoa into the simmering basket and place inside the TM bowl.
3. Cook for 20 minutes/Varoma/speed 4.
4. Remove the simmering basket, drain the liquid and spoon the cooked quinoa into a large
bowl. Allow to cool while you prepare the rest of the salad.
5. Add carrot and spring onion to the TM bowl and mix for 2 seconds/speed 5.
6. Add cucumber and mix for 1 second/speed 4. Set mixture aside.
7. Heat a frying pan on medium heat and toast the pumpkin seeds for 4–5 minutes, stirring
every so often until slightly golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
8. Add all the dressing ingredients to the TM bowl and mix for 3 seconds/speed 5.
9. In a large salad bowl combine the quinoa, spinach, cherry tomatoes, currants, carrot
mixture, pumpkin seeds and the beans.
10. Drizzle over the dressing just before serving.
This salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge without the dressing on it.