Time: 4 minutes in the Thermomix; 1 hour resting; 10 minutes cooking
Starters, Suppers, Soups & Sides
50 grams butter
250 grams flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
350 grams milk
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
80 grams pesto
1 lemon, zest only, finely grated
200 grams pure cream, very cold
300 grams thinly sliced salmon gravlax
1 small jar salmon roe
a few baby basil leaves
- Place butter in mixing bowl and melt 2 minutes/60 degrees/speed 1.
- Add flour, baking powder, eggs, milk, salt, pepper and pesto and blend 30 seconds/speed 9. Rest in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Cook batter in a waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For the lemon Chantilly, insert butterfly in a clean, dry and cold mixing bowl. Add the finely grated lemon zest and the cold cream and whip to stiffen 1 minute 30 seconds/Butterfly/speed 3, keeping a close eye on it so it does not split.
- To serve, pipe the lemon Chantilly into the holes of the waffles, top with gravlax salmon slices and garnish with a few teaspoons of salmon roe and some baby basil leaves.
AND… The waffle batter may be kept in the fridge for up to three days. Once cooked, the waffles will still be nice the following day, just refresh them by placing them in the toaster for a minute or two.